Currently there are three Research Units in the Department of City and Regional Planning: Unit for Urban and Regional Research; Unit for Urban Design and Research; and Unit for Housing Research, which is a research centre within the Faculty. In addition to these research units, there are various individual researches carried out by the members of the staff at the department. Research interests of the staff covers a wide range: urban and regional geography, regional planning and policy, urban and regional governance, institutional transformation, planning history, strategic spatial planning, risk analysis and planning for disaster, housing policy, urban history, urban conservation, urban archeology, sustainable development, urban transport, urban design, ecological planning, etc.
METU Faculty of Architecture Research Implementation Centre for Built Environment and Design (RICBED) was founded in order to reformulate and reorganize the traditionally very active research efforts of the Faculty in a well-integrated structure. RICBED is aiming to carry out research, design, planning and implementation activities that pertain to emphasise cutting edge, socially responsible and highly integrated research patterns. This effort will rely on the capacities of our departments of architecture, planning and industrial design, as well as that of the researchers of other departments of METU and the research capacities of the national and international networks as needed.
- Architectural History Studies Unit
- Information Technologies Unit in Architecture Research
- Universal Design Unit
- The Faculty of Architecture Information and Documentation Unit
- Turkish Red Crescent Society Research Centre
- Design Culture Research Unit for Environments, Buildings and Products
- Product Design and Product Identity Development Unit (brand-c)
- Strategy Development Unit in Education and Research
- Local Development Unit
- Ankara Studies Unit
- Geographical Information Technologies Unit
- Renewable Energy Sources and Urban Systems Unit
Kentsel ve Bölgesel Araştırmalar Ağı